1st Shift Metal Shop Material Handler/Forklift
Appleton, WI 54914 US
This position is responsible for the movement and location of product throughout the production process.
In addition, this position will help with the organization and cleanliness of the work areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Operate equipment necessary to move materials throughout the business.
2. Accurately store and locate products in the proper location.
3. Remove and empty chip dumpsters from the machine areas. Maintain organization and
cleanliness throughout the warehouse and buildings.
4. Assist work areas in sustaining 5S standards.
5. Perform necessary safety inspections.
6. Ability to load/unload trucks.
7. Ability to identify materials necessary for production orders.
8. Perform entry level welding and fabrication tasks as needed.
9. Interpret and follow job specifications.
10. Ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision.
11. Abide by established safety rules and work in a safe manner.
12. Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping practices.
13. Create and maintain professional/respectful relationships with others. Be able to communicate
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Experience operating a forklift required
Basic welding and fabrication experience preferred Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
Ability to prioritize work flow
Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
Proactive and action-orientated
Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees within the
Company. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of
information furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools or controls.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts and is
exposed to dust or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Call or Text 920.954.1566 or APPLY ONLINE at SEEKCAREERS.COM
You can also view our current openings by clicking here to go to the Appleton SEEK Careers and Staffing Facebook page.
ASK ABOUT OUR $100/$100 and $250 SIGN-ON/REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM!
- For every friend you refer, you give $100 to your friend, and you get $100. It s a win-win! (Light Industrial positions)
- When you both have worked only 120 hours, you get $100 on your check.
- $250 to you for Skilled Manufacturing referrals after your referral has worked only 400 hours
Why SEEK Careers/Staffing? You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success . You ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.