CNC Machinist - Weekend Nights
Eau Claire, WI 54703 US
POSITION CNC Machinist - Weekend Nights
JOB LOCATION Eau Claire, Wisconsin
STARTING DATE Immediate
EMPLOYMENT TERM Temp-to-Hire, Direct Hire
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-time
WORK HOURS (SHIFT) Weekend Night Shift (6pm-6: 30am, Fri-Sun)
STARTING PAY $20.00-28.00/hr Shift Differential (25% of weekend nights)
BENEFITS Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(K), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Referral Bonus
REQUIRED EDUCATION Two-year certificate in Machine Tooling from a university or technical college preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE 5+ years of experience in a similar position in a machine shop and/or training is preferred. 2 years Machinist experience is preferred. 1 year Haas, Mazak or Matsuura machine operation required.
While working as a Machinist, you will be setting up and operating a variety of CNC Machines, Swiss Machines and Manual Turning Machines to perform operations such as turning, boring, threading, and facing on metal and plastics workpieces.
Machinists will be asked to run a variety of different machines. These machines include Verticals, Horizontals, Swiss, and Turning.
- Reads and understands blueprint, job routings, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Load and set tools while understanding run out, tool length stick outs, and proper holder based on what the tool is doing.
- Positions and secures tools in toolholders on turret and cross slide.
- Write programs in FANUC and/or YASNAC language to set specified rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts. Also, edit programs with proper approval and manually program at the machine when needed.
- Load and send programs
- Recognize, understand and properly adjust dull or chipped tooling
- Able to set and adjust work offsets, tool wear lengths, and comp cutter
- Indexes turret and adjusts work shift offsets of tools at each station
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits
- Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of tolerance zones specified on blueprints
- Set up and operate machine tools which would include 4th axis machines and 5th axis machines
- Set up and operate machine tools and machines, make fixtures, and assembly fixtures
- Able to modify tools as needed
- Straighten plates and parts as needed with Arbor press
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read blueprints and working knowledge of GD&T
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently
- Personnel performing acceptance activities of product shall have natural or corrected near-vision acuity of 20/20 in at least one eye per Titmus screening or equivalent.
If interested in this position, please email [email protected] or call us at 715-832-1000 to set up an interview. You can always apply online anytime at www.Seekcareers.Com . You can now TEXT us at 715-832-1000 to discuss this or other job opportunities.
Keywords: Production, warehouse, general labor, assembly, manufacturing, CNC, Machine, Machinist, Operator, Lathe, Mill, axis, skilled trades
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success . You ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
ASK ABOUT OUR 100-100 REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM!