Menomonie, WI 54751 US
POSITION Hot End Technician
JOB LOCATION Menomonie, Wisconsin
STARTING DATE Immediately
EMPLOYMENT TERM Direct Hire
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-Time
WORK HOURS (SHIFT) 6: 30-6: 30 ( 12-hour rotating) on a 2-2-3 schedule.
STARTING PAY $21.50/hour plus profit sharing bonuses equivalent of a $9.23/hr. Starting wage increase
BENEFITS Medical, HSA, Vision, Dental, 401(K), Life & Disability, Paid Vacation & Personal Time, Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing, Onsite Clinic, Onsite Cafeteria
REQUIRED EDUCATION High School Diploma/GED
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE 1-2 years of production/light industrial experience
The Hot End Technician will work in the hot end production area and manage the production process.
- Verify and make adjustments to the furnace to be sure the batch materials are getting properly melted and the furnace is being maintained.
- Take optical readings, conduct rounds on top, under, and around the furnace to check for flames, rat holes, hot spots.
- Visually check batch charger.
- Touch hoses to be sure they are cool, check fans, pumps, and water-cooling system outside.
- Make decisions about adjusting air, fuel, gas, to maintain the melt.
- Notify supervisor, hot end, and other departments as needed if there is a problem.
- Must be 18 years of age to apply
- High School Diploma or GED desired
- Basic math and reading skills
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
- Demonstrate a solid work ethic through diligent effort, good decision making, functioning as a good team player
- Sit in air-conditioned control room to monitor and make adjustments to furnace on a computer console.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Walk on uneven surfaces on the furnace crown.
- Walk under furnace, perhaps stooping while walking, and visually inspect refractory overhead.
- Bend or squat to apply mortar where needed.
- Pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, sweep, and bend to clean.
- Be certified annually to wear a respirator.
Send an email to Stephanie at [email protected] or call us at 715-235-7500 to set up an interview. You can always apply online anytime at www.Seekcareers.Com . You can now TEXT us at 715-832-1000!
Keywords: manufacturing, general labor, production, forklift, warehouse, technician, quality.
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success . You ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
ASK ABOUT OUR 100-100 REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM!