Oconomowoc, WI 53066 US
- Are you ready to embark an exciting career where you find gratification in touching your final product? The sentiment of the printing industry may be for you? We all remember when we were kids circling the catalogs for the Holidays, or maybe there is a product you purchased because the label was eye catching?!
3-4 day weekend scheduling! Subject to full benefits and potential overtime!
POSITION Press Assistant or quality control positions avaible
JOB LOCATION Oconomowoc, WI
STARTING DATE Immediate
EMPLOYMENT TERM Temp-Hire
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-Time
WORK HOURS (SHIFT) 1st, 2nd, and 3rd options
STARTING PAY $18-21/hour (depending on experience)
BENEFITS Health, Dental, Vision, 401k w/match, and MORE!
- rotate task with various machines
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment
- Maintain a clean and save work environment
- Participate in routine visual inspections
- Learn to use stitchers, folders, perfect binders, polybagger, cutters, mailers, shrink wrap, CT trimmers, drills, and more...
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent communication skills
With the incentivized ambassador program: Give $100 and Get $100 for anyone who works with SEEK. We work hard to place people in a rewarding careers/jobs.
Want to work a 3-day work week? This is an exceptional opportunity to have a work-life balance that gives you the flexibility to enjoy summer, yet still having a great job!
Position Press Assistant
Job Location Oconomowoc, WI
Starting Date Immediate
Employment Term Temp-to-Hire
Employment Type Full Time
Work Hours (Shift) 1st Shift (4: 30am 5: 00pm)
Starting Pay $17 per hour
Benefits Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(K), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Referral Bonus
Required Education High School Diploma/GED
Required Experience 1 years of experience (preferred)
Assists Press Operators in the setup, operation, and changeover of flexographic printing jobs to print product on rolls of flexible plastic film and other stock in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. Prepares plates on cylinders to be used on the presses for printing labels.
- Previews job order and inspect incoming job s mounted photopolymer plates, water base inks, substrates, and detail information.
- Helps in all stages of press changeovers.
- Washes press and returns job components and ink pans at end of run.
- Review material needs per report tools including production schedule. Determine material needs for shift and keep rolls of base material and laminate stocked on press.
- Checks and maintains pH and viscosity of inks and coatings.
- Lubricates and oils the press as needed.
- Cleans the equipment during and at the end of the shift per prescribed procedures.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Learns some aspects of color matching.
- Assists in preparing quality status forms for workflow documentation.
- Learn the press operation sufficiently to monitor press runs during operator breaks. The press assistant can be a natural progression to operator trainee position if interest, aptitude, and good attendance are part of the press assistants demonstrated performance and skills.
- Make plates per the Prepress Department s design and customer requirements. Mount plates on indicated cylinder size in correct unwind and position per specifications. Clean and file plates to ensure the clearest impression on the press.
- Pull upcoming jobs before they are due to ensure the plate mounting is complete before being needed by the press area. Keep up to date on the upcoming schedule by viewing the schedule board. Seek out job tickets, plate files and Master Books to secure additional information as needed.
- Receive and request supplies for the plate mounting area. Coordinate with the purchasing/production planning coordinator to order needed supplies. Receives and records dies and cylinders from outside sources.
- Return and file plates in the proper order.
- Fill out all paperwork properly (Audit sheets, Pull sheets, Remake slips, etc.).
- Safely operate a forklift following appropriate training & certification.
- Return material to proper storage location. Record material usage transactions accurately in computer system.
- Adheres to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards set in place by the FDA at all times while on the production floor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Call or Text Ashley or Lindsay at (920) 261-1444 or APPLY ONLINE at SEEKCAREERS.COM
Press Operator, Manufacturing, Industrial, Machinist, Worker, Job, Career
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success . You ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.