Punch Press Operator
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729 US
Punch Press Operator - Level I, II, or III
Are you looking to showcase your machine operator experience? Have you worked in a sheet metal fabrication setting before? Would you enjoy working for a company with a strong foundation in core values; drive, integrity, growth, respect, innovation? We have a position open in Chippewa Falls working as Punch Press Operator on a weekend day shift.
POSITION Punch Press Operator - Level I, II, or III
JOB LOCATION Chippewa Falls, WI
STARTING DATE Immediately
EMPLOYMENT TERM Temp-to-Hire
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-Time
WORK HOURS (SHIFT) Weekend Days (5: 45am-6: 15pm, Fri-Sun)
STARTING PAY $19.40-27.61/hour Depending on Experience and Qualifications
BENEFITS Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(K), Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, STD, LTD, Life, incentives
EDUCATION High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE 1 to 3 years related experience in a metal fabrication setting; and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is responsible for producing parts from metal using a punch press, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision cuts and punches into metal. Punch Operators monitor machines making sure they are working at full capacity, stocked with needed materials, and well-maintained.
- Measure completed work to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, and/or rulers.
- Examine completed work for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Read work orders/production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
- Load work into machine.
- Set-up and start machine, monitor operations, and record operational data.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Position, align, and secure work against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Perform periodic checks on output.
- Perform typical machine shop operations; set up and run, de-bur.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
- Perform quality inspection/checks per quality documentation/control plan (including documentation of results).
- Read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and work orders.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Send Stephanie an email at [email protected] or call her at 715-832-1000 to set up an interview. You can always apply online anytime at www.Seekcareers.Com . You can now TEXT us at 715-832-1000 to discuss this or other job opportunities.
Keywords: Production, warehouse, general labor, assembly, assembler, sub assemblies, machine, machine operator, punch, punch press, skilled trades, light industrial, press operator, operator, sheet metal manufacturing, metal manufacturing, metal shop
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success . You ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
ASK ABOUT OUR 100-100 REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM!