Service Tech Direct Hire
Eau Claire, WI 54701 US
Become part of a family owned business which is a specialized dealer of process equipment and wear parts for the Sand & Gravel, Crush Stone, Frac Sand and Recycling industries. With previous heavy equipment, maintenance, and welding experience, this could be a great direct hire career move for you. Are you looking for a first shift, with weekends off? Do you have previous experience working in a sand plant and do you want to work 1st shift schedule, Monday thru Friday? We are currently looking to fill a Service Technician position on 1st shift in Eau Claire.
POSITION Service Technician
JOB LOCATION Eau Claire, Wisconsin
STARTING DATE Immediately
EMPLOYMENT TERM Direct Hire
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-time
WORK HOURS (SHIFT) 1st Shift (7: 00am- 4: 30pm, Mon-Fri)
STARTING PAY Based on Experience (DOE) up to $30-32/hour for well-qualified candidates
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE Vocational training, and/or a minimum of 3 years experience in troubleshooting and repairing in mechanical, hydraulic and electrical technology. CDL License or ability and willingness to obtain CDL License.
Responsible for the effective repair of machine components in the shop with a high level of skill. This individual may work independent of direct supervision in a shop, and sometimes field, environment.
- Diagnose the condition of customer and dealer-owned machines. Perform repair on hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and structural systems. Restore equipment to working order in the field or shop environment.
- Maintain positive and effective interaction with customers, colleagues and equipment manufacturers.
- Provide accurate records as it relates to repair orders and time cards.
- Maintain and care for tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Maintain and comply with all DOT regulations.
- Attend company sponsored factory training classes.
- Adhere to company and industry safety practices.
- Cross-train in other positions as needed.
- Promote a positive company image during the course and scope of the performance of these duties.
- Assist the wire screen cloth division with measuring and cutting wire screens with shears and press brakes, bend and form metal hooks and sheet metal.
- Other duties may include: Assisting the warehouse with conveyor belting orders, picking up and delivering parts or materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions, such as electrical, hydraulics and steel fabrication.
- Knowledge of basic tools and tool usage, including basic welding skills.
- Demonstrated excellent work ethic with self motivation, ability to work safely with minimal supervision, while maintaining the expectations of thoroughness.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment that requires multitasking while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Must demonstrate good problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills - both oral and written, good work habits, above average math, science, and English skills, the ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self motivation and a desire to perform at one' s highest level.
- Ability to sit, stoop, kneel, push, climb, move, reach and work overhead, lift up to 75 lbs. And work in all weather conditions.
- MSHA certification a plus.
If interested, please send us and email to Stephanie at [email protected] or give us a call at 715-832-1000 to set up an interview. You are always welcome to apply online anytime at www.Seekcareers.Com . Feel free to TEXT us to discuss this or other job openings at 715-832-1000.
Keywords: service technician, floater, general technician, general labor, maintenance technician, electrical mechanic, hydraulic mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, forklift, fork lift, warehouse, brake press, manufacturing, assembly, production, wire, shear, operator
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success . You ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
ASK ABOUT OUR 100-100 REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM!