Skilled MIG Welder
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729 US
POSITION Skilled MIG Welder
JOB LOCATION Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
STARTING DATE Immediately
EMPLOYMENT TERM Direct Hire
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-Time
WORK HOURS (SHIFT) 2nd Shift (3: 45pm-1: 45am, Mon-Thurs, Plus OT)
STARTING PAY $21/per hour or more DOE (plus $2.00/hour 2nd shift pay differential)
BENEFITS Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off
REQUIRED EDUCATION HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE 6 months previous metal manufacturing experience preferred, several years experience as a welder required, solid job history required, valid Driver' s License required
Lays out, fits, assembles or welds product using Flux-Cored Arc Welding, Gas-Metal Arc Welding; Gas- Tungsten Arc Welding, Submerged Arc Hand Welding, Plasma Arc Welding, or Shielded-Metal Arc. As a Welder Team Member, you work as part of a team consisting of a Team Leader and individual members. The team is responsible for the timely completion of assignments and projects. Each individual team member is expected to contribute to the success of the team by being a participative member and working diligently toward team goals. Your attendance and willingness to take responsibility for your contributions are crucial to the team s success. You are expected to report to your work station at the beginning of your shift fully prepared to start work. Daily work assignments and work performance expectations will be communicated through your Team Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up welding equipment and prepares material for
- Lays out, fits, assembles or welds product using Flux-Cored Arc Welding, Gas-Metal Arc Welding; Gas- Tungsten Arc Welding, Submerged Arc Hand Welding, Plasma Arc Welding, or Shielded-Metal Arc
- Plans layout, assembly and welding using knowledge of geometry, metallurgy and welding techniques.
- Operates other shop equipment if needed to prepare components for welding or as directed by Team
- Repairs product by dismantling and reassembling using common shop
- Adapts to project requirement variables including the types of metals welded, subprocesses used, trade name of equipment used, work site location (in-plant, job shop, off site), method of application (manual, semiautomatic), high production or custom work, type of joints welded (seam, spot, butt, fillet, ).
- Passes employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional and technical associations, if required.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Knows and complies with all personal, machine and facility safety practices and regulations; understands and follows company workplace
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to weld out of position; may be required to weld
- Must be able to lift 0 50 pounds frequently; 50 75 pounds occasionally (team lift); over 75 pounds rarely (team or assisted lift).
- Must be able to routinely stand, sit, stoop, twist and bend throughout a nine-hour shift.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity
- Visual acuity (corrected) required for inspecting work and reading written material, blueprints, work orders
- Hearing ability sufficient to monitor equipment sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient at blueprint interpretation including weld symbol recognition; must be able to read and interpret work orders, drawings, layouts and technical / non-technical information and use this information to evaluate and execute a welding process, as well as work from oral instructions.
- Must be proficient in math and able to competently apply it in the production
- Must be familiar with shop equipment such as grinders, drill presses, saws, welding fixtures/tables, etc.
- Must be able to use standard measuring tools, hand tools and material handling equipment commonly used in metal manufacturing.
- Must be able to communicate and interact successfully with supervisors and co-workers.
- Must be able to work and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced team environment, but also be able to work independently with minimal
- Must have an excellent work ethic and superior attendance.
Send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 715-832-1000 to set up an interview. You can always apply online anytime at www.Seekcareers.Com . You can now TEXT us at 715-832-1000!
Keywords: Assembly, production, weld, welder, welding, MIG, Aluminum, Stainless, Skilled Trades, manufacturing, general labor
About SEEK Careers/Staffing
You are a person with unique skills, experience and education. When you want to be heard and when you want to be matched with great career opportunities that are right for you, you can count on SEEK Careers/Staffing, Inc. Since 1971, our professional staffing consultants have been Servicing Your Success . You ll find that the process is thorough and that your experience is personalized.
SEEK Careers/Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.